Version 4.2.2 of Simple:Press was released today. This is mainly a bugfix release. The main issues corrected in 4.2.2 are:
- Blog/Topic Linking: Tags now get created correctly/Editing a post now fires the correct hooks/Comment count tag updated
- bbCode and HTML editors no longer strip links
- Issues with tag management in admin are corrected
- Rank names with non alphanumeric characters no linger breaks the display
- PM Titles with foreign characters no linger freezes the preview
- Two new blog linking related template tags introduced
- Group and Forum descriptions can now contain HTML
- Tags are now ‘clickable’ in IE
- various other, smaller fixes
We are now turning our attention to the forthcoming release of WordPress version 3.0 which, as I am sure everyone knows, merges WordPress with WordPress MU and brings them together into a single system. We are already readying a release of Simple:Press – 4.3 – to coincide with this new version and will start using it here on our site over the coming week.
Did you find this article useful? Or do you use Simple:Press today? If so, please support Simple:Press with a review on WordPress.org. Every review goes a long way towards bringing other users on board!
More From Simple:Press
A few days ago we moved our site from Liquid Web to our new FireupWP and WPCloudDeploy project platform. This new platform allows us to use dedicated cloud VMs from places like Digital Ocean, Linode and Vultr. We pay the cost of the VMs with no markup which provides huge savings over regular hosts. We…Read More
A new default theme is coming to Simple:Press Forums with the release of Simple:Press Forums 6.5.0. Features of this theme: More modern looking with larger default font sizes and button sizes. Less use of tiny icons More color customization options Better display on mobile More white space Just like our previous default theme, Barebones, you…Read More